Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 11, 2007

Hold me!

This little boy made my day this morning. He was 100% a momma's boy. Didn't want me to get in the shower. Wanted me to lie in bed with him and Daddy. When I held him, he held me back even harder with both his arms and his legs, hugging me and patting me on the back. I don't know what makes him like this from time to time. I think it's just one of the little extras God throws in as a reward for parenting. But it sure makes it hard to have to leave him in the mornings.

Nighttime is Daddy's time. We have quite the routine, and Reeves never goes to bed without his Daddy-time. At night, I'm just the meanie who puts him to bed - which lasts till the beginning of the hallway, at which time he curls up in my arms and gets ready to say prayers. Children are a blessing, but I think children who go to bed easily are an extra belssing. We'll see how this goes when he moves into his big boy bed!

I am counting the minutes till we go get him today.

No comments: