For whatever we lose(like a you or a me), It's always our self we find in the sea. ~e.e. cummings
Sunday, December 02, 2007
So Much To Post, But In The Meantime...
What is happening to our world? As Doro and I were driving home this afternoon, down a jam-packed, stand-still, traffic-laden Meeting Street, we got to experience something we were both glad our children weren't there to see. We were tailgating Aileen who was blazing a trail before us, marveling at how slowly things were moving. We had had a lovely morning with the girls - a decorating class at Pottery Barn and a delicious meal at Mellow Mushroom. We were in high spirits, chatting away, and, although we noticed the traffic, we weren't bothered by it because we had each other for company and were screaming-child-free. As a joke, I honked at Aileen, just to see what she'd do. Haha. No sooner had my hand released the pressure on the horn than a man in a car heading the other direction on Meeting (ergo, we obviously weren't honking at him) leaned across his wife, who was driving (probably because he was still lit from the night before), and shouted, "What the F---!?!" Excuse me!? I politely let him know that this was my friend ahead of us and was about to leave it at that, but then I thought of my children. Doro and I had just been having a discussion about how horribly inappropriate some things are on television, particularly at the hours when children could quite possibly be watching. We had also just seen a sign hanging from a rearview mirror that said, "I 'heart' my penis." How classy. I kinda hope the kids don't start reading till they're 16. So, needless to say, the "what is this world coming to?" thoughts were already alive and well in our heads. Luckily, traffic was moving slowly enough that I was able to lean my head out the window and say to the jerk, "Good thing I don't have children in this car!" I know it is very unkind and unchristian of me, but I really hope that jerk thinks about what he did and how potentially harmful what he said could have been and has a horrible rest of the day. Parenting is hard enough. We don't need jacklegs like him complicating things even more. Oh, and by the way, their plates were SC. How unsouthern they are! Obviously com'hyeas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Creep!
Definitely a Come'hya
Post a Comment