Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Little Cherub

This year, Reeves has started choir at church. At first he wasn't too crazy about it. I think he spent most of the first practice standing outside the room watching and pouting. But it wasn't long before he warmed up to the idea. I think the lollipops Ms. Jo gives out after each practice had a lot to do with it and the playground time afterward. Nevertheless, he now looks forward to it every Wednesday. His friend, MK, is in the choir as well, and I know he loves seeing her each time. He always checks with me before we leave the house to make sure she is going to be there.
The Cherub Choir has now sung twice in church. The first time, Reeves did not want to put on his robe (even though I showed him that it had a bow tie just like Daddy's) and cowered behind the corner before going into church. But he did it. He stood up in front of the church, and, although I don't think he actually sang, he did manage to be strong and not cry or make a spectacle. We were so proud of him.
The second time they sang, he was a bit more amenable. He happily donned his robe, and marched right in to the church. We couldn't tell if he was actually singing, but I am going to assume he did, since I had heard snippets of the song in the days before the "production".Here he is, fourth up from the bottom on the front row. We are so proud of our little angel for looking fear right in the eye and overcoming it. I won't make him do it next year if he really doesn't want to, but it makes me happy to see how well he has acclimated to this new activity.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

DuBose still refuses to participate in choir!! Flat out refuses. I will have to show him the pictures of Reeves in his robe - maybe that will entice him!

And the other day, he looks at me and asks if he can be in the Pageant?!