Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 13, 2006

Aren't You His Father?

So Saturday morning, Reeves woke up around 8:00. I went and got him, changed his poopy diaper, and brought him into our bedroom. Bryant, meanwhile, had gotten up and made his bottle. We love Saturday mornings because it is such a fun time for the three of us to have time together to relax and play. Anyway, Reeves is in bed with us drinking his bottle. He finishes, and we play for a bit, then I get up and take him into the den. He plays with his toys while I get his breakfast ready. (Bryant is still in bed wathcing Discovery Kids on NBC.) Once Reeves' breakfast is ready, I go get him, put him in his chair, and feed him his breakfast. By this time, Bryant has come out into the kitchen and is fixing his coffee. He is there, so when I finish feeding Reeves and putting his dishes away, I let B know that I'm going to get in the shower. Bryant calls after me, "Are you just going to leave him there by himself?" This child's father is less than two feet from him! What?! I said, "No, you're there." "Oh, OK."
All I could do was laugh...and shower.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

I'm dying... just plain dying... that is hilarious! You and Bryant are honestly two of my favorite people! You are so funny! That goes for Reeves too - I mean how many kids do you know would "retrieve" a napkin! Too cute!

Elizabeth said...

Oh & by the way, I deleted that comment... I made a grammatical mistake and couldn't change it, so I deleted it and started over... I'm always wondering who deleted a comment on my blog, so just thought you'd want to know! :)

Nancy said...

Typical typical typical!!

They (men) are all alike!

Caroline said...

Yup. Typical. Hello?!?

Amanda said...

Love it! Very typical! Do you think they ever get a clue??