Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Icing, Anyone?

So, the vegan sugar cookies are actually quite nice. At least, Reeves loves them. I'm not sure if it was the cookies or the company that was so enjoyable. We had a wonderful time at the cookie decorating party. I remember parties like this when I was growing up, and I'm so glad Reeves is able to start making these memories as well. It was so great to see eveyone one last time before Christmas.

Reeves is right on the cusp of being a bit too old to be in the group of the babies but not quite mature enough to be in the big kids' group. So we split the difference. We spent the first part of our visit with Rutledge, Anne, and Mills, but then, I swear it's true, Reeves "heard" that there were trains upstairs, and he headed for the stairs. He was in heaven - all these older boys and MK playing with hoo-hoos. What more could he want? (And, Doro, I love that MK pointed out that she wasn't the only girl up there, that Kacky was there too!) I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow, the chilluns developed this game where they would all run out of the room, leaving me to wonder, "Where did everyone go?" At that point, they would all run back in, screaming. The fun that little ones can find in anything never ceases to amaze me. What a gift that is.
The cookie decorating did not disappoint. There was icing and sprinkles everywhere. Each child had a healthy coating of red and green icing all over their faces and hands. I think that is a necessary part of their holiday armor. Clearly, this is Spencer in his "before" state!Thanks, Nancy, for putting this all together. It was so special. I hope we didn't mess up your house too much. Thanks for starting the Christmas weekend off with such a great bang! We are already looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Kak-
I would love to have the vegan cookie recipe!
ashley.cuttino@odnss.com

got love those food allergies -hope you guys had a great X-mas!
ashley