Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Preston's Pageant

Preston had his first Christmas Pageant last night at school. He was, in my biased opinion, the cutest angel up there. His friend, Meredith, was front and center as Mary. We were a bit concerned at first as we knew he was going to be an angel, but it was quite some time before the angel's made their appearance. I was only slightly nervous that there may have been a breakdown backstage, and the cutest angel was refusing to perform. How silly of me. I think acting must be in his blood. (I know his uncle can be a bit dramatic. Haha! Love ya, B!) He bravely marched right up there with the great multitude of angels, down the aisle, right and left, forming a radiant line of precious carolling 4 year olds. Preston crooned like an old pro, where we could easily hear his dear voice ringing out above the rest. He knew every word to their song. We were all so proud. There was no shrinking, no hiding his face, no standing silently while everyone else sang. He loved every minute of it, and, likewise, so did we. My only regret is that I didn't have my external flash, so the pictures are pretty dark. It's amazing how frustrating that can be when you're accustomed to being able to throw plenty of light out there. Yeah, that and also the red-eye flashing thing - not a fan. Poor B spent the evening chasing Reeves around. What a good dad! I honestly think I saw the relief flow over his face as the lights came back on. Well, that, and he finally stopped holding his breath! Preston, we are so proud of you! You did a great job last night. We look forward to many more performances!

No comments: