Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Two Wild and Crazy Guys


These pictures basically sum up the whole weekend. Other than the times we adults got to spend outside chatting, this entire weekend was about these boys. It has been so much fun watching Davis and Reeves play together and observing how their interaction improves and expands with each visit as the age difference between them becomes less and less noticeable. Of course there is still the not-speaking-an-actual-language thing, but somehow Davis and Reeves communicate just fine. And it will be nice once Davis teaches Reeves how to actually turn the steering wheel in the Lightning McQueen car!
Reeves gets so excited about seeing Davis that I actually used this Friday morning. I feel pretty bad about it. When he didn't want to get into Grandmama's car to go out there for the day, I told him that he was going to play with Davis, pause, click carseat, quickly followed with "after you play at Grandmama's for a while". What a bad mommy! I tried to convince myself that I hadn't really lied to him, but I know I did. I'm sorry, Reeves. I won't do it again!!
Poor Guerin! He is so ready to be able to play like these big boys. For now he'll just have to be content to let them entertain him, and most of the time, they were more than happy to do that. And for some reason, Guerin actually enjoyed having harmonicas played just centimeters from his face.
Bathtime is always a favorite, and getting to bathe in the jacuzzi tub with the mountains of bubbles is almost overwhelming. They loved it.I can't believe with the complete lack of sleep Reeves got, which by default, turned into a lack of sleep for Davis, these pictures were taken the next day. I guess they really are carrying on our tradition, like Jodie said. The most fun is just being together, and we have to make the most of these precious moments we have. Sleep is for the weak.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pictures, Kak!! I love the one of Reeves consumed by bubbles!

Caroline said...

Those are fabulous pictures. They look like they are having so much fun.

Nancy said...

Kak - I want you to come spend a day taking pictures of my boys - these are GREAT!!

Dorothy said...

Man, all of you girls are making me want a boy! What cuties!