It began today. Reeves is now in the three's, half days, MWF. (I was really spoiled last year with full days! These three hours seem to fly by.) We went for open house on Saturday, and he did great. I think it will take him some time to adjust to the fact that Mrs. Ledbetter isn't his teacher, but when he went in this mornig, he seems to have settled right in. They are reading The Kissing Hand this week. It's a book where the mother racoon puts kisses in her baby's hand for him to take with him wherever he goes, so Bryant and I both gave Reeves plenty of kisses to take with him. He told me on the way that he had put them in his pocket. Eliza is in his class, and it is always good to have a friend around. Reeves was very excited she would be there. They greeted each other with a big hug when we got there. Unfortunately, while Eliza wanted Reeves to come play with her, it turned out he would rather play with the trucks than have a tea party. Luckily, she didn't seem too upset. Maybe if she offers him some make believe cake, he'll join the tea party.
We will definitely miss having Henry in the same class, but hopefully we will be able to sneak Henry out with us a few afternoons so he can come play with us at home.
1 comment:
They grow up so fast! But your boys get cuter everyday, I swear!
Post a Comment