OK, so I am a bad mother, not in a Joan Crawford, "Mommy Dearest" way, or even a Brittney Spears way, more in a Martha Stewart, scrapbook, "How could you not pictorally document a momentous occasion in your child's life?" way. Here I am, the mother who brings her camera everywhere, from a no-occasion lunch to the doctor's office, just in case there is some super precious moment that I might want to capture. (Truth be told, motherhood has only intensified this practice. I have always done this - just ask Lolly!) On Sunday, Reeves and I went to IOP to visit with a lifelong friend of mine, Helen, and to meet her new son, Wyatt. As soon as I pulled into the driveway at the beach, I realized my Grand Canyon error. My camera was sitting on the chair in the den, right where I'd left it after taking random pictures of Reeves because I liked the way the morning sun was coming in the window and lighting his face.
(Do you see what I mean when I say that I don't need a lot of inspiration to take a plethora of pictures?) Oh, the inhumanity! Here I was, smack dab in the middle of such sweet photo ops, and I had no camera. It was awful. Why did we all have to go and have such cute kids? Then, to make matters a thousand times worse, we went down to the beach, and Reeves took his first sequential four steps! I've got a great mental picture of it, and luckily, there were others there to see it. And really, it's not like I would have really gotten pictures of him walking anyway, but I certainly would have loaded up that memory card with plenty of other pics. I need to just start leaving the small camera in my bag, thereby ensuring that from now on, if I miss a picture, it is because I choose to miss it, not because I am unable to take it.

(Do you see what I mean when I say that I don't need a lot of inspiration to take a plethora of pictures?) Oh, the inhumanity! Here I was, smack dab in the middle of such sweet photo ops, and I had no camera. It was awful. Why did we all have to go and have such cute kids? Then, to make matters a thousand times worse, we went down to the beach, and Reeves took his first sequential four steps! I've got a great mental picture of it, and luckily, there were others there to see it. And really, it's not like I would have really gotten pictures of him walking anyway, but I certainly would have loaded up that memory card with plenty of other pics. I need to just start leaving the small camera in my bag, thereby ensuring that from now on, if I miss a picture, it is because I choose to miss it, not because I am unable to take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment