Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 18, 2007

All Better Now

Reeves had a fever of 104.5 on Tuesday. High enough that we took him to the doctor, just to be certain it wasn't anything serious. It wasn't. Something's going around. He's got sores in the back of his throat. Strep test was negative. We just have to wait this one out. Tuesday night was not much fun for Mommy and Reeves. (Daddy slept just fine. We'll correct that next time.) His fever came back around 9 or 10. The poor child was miserable. Damp washcloths on his forehead actually did seem to make a positive difference. The fever finally broke around one. Silly me. I thought that would be a good thing. Oh no. Now he was ready to play! I put him in his crib and he screamed and screamed. Finally, not wanting these fits to reinvigorate the sickness, I got him out. Luckily, his Disney Channel favorites were starting up, so I was able to sneak in a couple of winks of sleep.
The good news is that he's all better now. Slept 9 hours last night. I'm hoping he'll go for 10 tonight. And I think I found the true cause of the fever. I got him to laugh really big tonight during bathtime. Looks like his first canine has poked through. Can't wait to see what joy the other three will bring!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Reeves (and Kak, too!)!! I'm glad that he is feeling better and that you are getting some sleep!

Caroline said...

Man oh man.... glad he is feeling better.

Nancy said...

Yuck! Glad he is on the road to recovery.