I don't know what I did to deserve such a sweet child. Or I should say, what I did to deserve a child who is so clearly after my own heart. We were waiting on B to get home Friday night so we could go to the Riverdog's game. We had played and played, he had eaten, and it was getting dark. I was just flipping channels when I happened upon the opening scene of The Sound of Music. Immediately, he was entranced. He even stopped playing with his tractors. He came and got on the sofa with me. Oh, how I have dreamed of being able to share my love of these old musicals with my children; however, when we had Reeves, I just figured I would have to wait to see if #2 would be a girl. Apparently not. He loved the music, and he even loved when I would sing along with them. And yes, he loved it - he can't yet distinguish between what I do and actual singing. I hope I'm not permanently scarring him. Anyway, he was even excited for his Daddy to share this with us because when Bryant came home, Reeves jumped up and started patting B's chair for him to sit there. It's true. I must have done something good. By the way, I had this vinyl record growing up, and Maria always reminded me of my mother. I think she had a similar haircut at the time, and she did have a guitar, although no one in our house could play it. All that was missing was the carpet bag, but this wasn't long after the 70's ended, so I'm sure I could have found one in the attic.
4 comments:
I love it! I too am a Sound of Music person. I used to watch it with my grandparents every Easter. I wish that I had known it was on. Hooray for you and Reeves.
There's hope for us moms of boys!! My boys love the singing in the movie.
Love it! So sweet!
at clare's gymboree music class yesterday we started 'broadway hits and musicals' ... too much fun for me. and we did a sound of music song too...i can teach you the hand motions next time we see you!
Post a Comment