
I feel like Sisyophus every time I sit Bennett down to feed him. Try as I may, I simply cannot push food into this child's mouth. As soon as I get everything ready to feed him - the bib on, the food mixed, the distractions to a minimum - he clamps his mouth shut. We have gone from plain rice cereal with breastmilk to rice cereal, breast milk, and syrup to rice cereal with applesauce to rice cereal with applesauce and sugar. I feel terrrible adding sweeteners to it, but at this point I'll try anything. I've let him get super hungry. No luck. I've fed him after he's nursed. I've tried right after he wakes up. Right before he goes to bed. With a bib. Without a bib. Clothed. Naked. This is really beginning to drive me crazy because I am not a mother who wants to cater to her child's every whim, but there must be something that will make him eat. What little bit does make it in is either spit right back out or chipmunked, only to reappear the next time the None-Shall-Enter-Jaws open.
I remember Reeves not being a terribly avid eater at the beginning, but Bennett's stubborness seems to have surpassed his brother's two-fold. I am at a loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment