Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Big PT

It's been over a week, and I am now confident in saying that Reeves is potty trained. When we bought this box of diapera a month ago, I told him that this was the last box of diapers we would be buying.
...
May 13...

OK, so I apparently started this post about a month ago now. Anyway, the above remains true. Reeves is potty trained. Of course, he still has some accidents from time to time, but he only wears diapers at bedtime, and he seems to really enjoy this newfound control. Like all little boys, Reeves would rather peepee outside than inside, and, as such has his one little spot in the yard where he prefers to go. I don't mind since I know right where to avoid when we are doing yard work. And besides, anywhere in the yard is preferable to the initial spot he had chosen which was right off the back steps. I had to nip that one in the bud pretty quickly!
Like moving him into his big boy bed, I had dreaded this milestone. I just knew it was going to make my life so much harder. But, like the big boy bed move, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it was going to be. He has, for the most part, really good bladder control, and ever since I have implemented Jodie's policy of no liquids before or during car rides, I don't really worry about it. It's so interesting to watch your little boy wanting and trying to be a big boy. With each of these milestones we check off the list, he gets that much farther and farther from the teeny tiny infant he was less than three years ago.
I'm so proud of how well he handled this transition. And I'm also pretty pleased with the money we've been saving in wipes!

No comments: