
I am in shock that Reeves' first year of "school" is almost over. This past Friday (April 25) was the 2's year-end picnic at JICP. It was a perfectly beautiful day for a picnic. All the llittle ones had their t-shirts on with their colorful caterpillars on them.

Reeves immediately found Henry, and the two of them set off playing. We were lucky to be able to keep an eye on them at all, and this was no easy feat given the fact that every child was wearing the aforementioned same t-shirts. I lost sight of Reeves once long enough to get me worried, but, like magic, all of a sudden he popped right up. Luckily, I had Aileen and David helping in the search.

And Aileen really stepped up to the plate when she took over occupying the children at the end of the picnic with her mad ball tossing skills.

It was so good to see all the children and the parents. I am still in shock that we are about to put this school year in the books. I don't even have to work very hard to remember the little blue sailboat jon-jon we had him in for his first day of school. He has grown so much this year. From the scared little baby who clung to our legs and who cried all through naptime to this confident little boy who runs to his classroom and shows me all the things he has done at school. Each time I pick him up, he runs from wherever he is playing on the playground and hugs me and then his brother. He tells all his friends goodbye and practically counts the minutes until he gets to see them again. And as for that blue jon-jon, well that has long since been put away in a bin for Bennett. Reeves has grown too big for it. Like this first year of school, it is just a memory now, something we got as much out of as we could, but now it's time to move on.

I can never thank his teachers, Mrs. Ledbetter, Miss Chapman, and Miss Carpenter enough for all they have done to make this year wonderful for Reeves. He adores them, and I just hope that in some small way, they realize just what a blessing they are to each parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment