Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 03, 2006

A Surprisingly Kid Friendly Restaurant

Friday night, we were lucky enough to have Julie and Troy bring Reeves to our house, saving us a trip out to pick him up. As we were all going to be walking the bridge the next day, we wanted to get a quick bite, and then go to bed. We loaded up in their Sequoia and took off to Caraba's. The wait was 90 minutes! I wouldn't even wait that long for table on a date night, much less with the kids! So we drove back down Rivers looking for someplace to eat. Everywhere was jam-packed. Wait a minute. What's this? TJ and Tommy's Guitar Bar looks empty. Haha. Yeah right, we're gonna go there. Guess what?? We've heard about it on the radio, and it couldn't be that smoky since no one is there. Let's check it out. We asked Preston what he thought about going to a guitar bar, to which he responded, "I love bars!" We pulled up in the parking lot and sent Bryant in to determine if it was kid friendly. He came out and waved us in. We were the only ones in there! They put us at a table in the room where they have the stage. Preston immediately ran to the stage and started singing and dancing. The waitress came over, and Julie and I realized why Troy and Bryant were so happy to be there. Their faces went green with envy when she leaned down and gave Preston a hug. Long story short, it was a great place to go at 6:00 for dinner because it was empty, Preston was entertained by entertaining us, Reeves loved watching Preston, and we loved that there was no one in there to be annoyed by anything our children did. I never would have guessed it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»