Saturday, while Bryant and Bopper worked on the fence, Reeves and I headed out to Folly for Rob Kunes 30th. Of course, Reeves nap put us a bit late, so we missed lunch, but it didn't matter one bit. We got there with plenty of time to change into our suits, lather up, and get on the beach. Of course, I am such an idiot. I put sunburn lotion all over Reeves, but failed to do the same for myself. Luckily, wherever Reeves touched me, the lotion transferred, so the top of my left arm, my shoulder, and a leg shaped section on my back are all without sun. But it's OK. I didn't get burnt, just enough sun to feel it. Julie helped Reeves and me make our way to the beach, where we headed immediately for the kiddie pool (gully). There were a couple of other kids there just a bit older than Reeves. He was loving it! When Mom and Dad came down a bit later, Reeves immediately started waving to them.

As soon as Mom sat down, he promptly crawled out of his puddle in the sand, and onto her lap. Is there anything that makes you feel better or more loved?
Dad pulled Reeves on the boogie board. I was very impressed with his balance…and attention span!
It was so good to see the Kunes again. Here, Rob and I grew up two houses apart from each other, saw each other nearly everyday (except when he went to boarding school), and now it takes his birthday for us to get together. I say this only because the last time we saw them was at his birthday TWO YEARS AGO!! It's not that we don't talk, it's just that every time we talk, we end each conversation with, "We really need to get together soon." Likewise, we left that way on Saturday. I really miss seeing Rob and Julie. Hopefully soon, Rob and I will be able to follow through on our threats to have each other over for dinner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment