Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Penicillin

I have been a wife for 6 years, a mother for 1, and what I would consider "a grown up" for about 10. At what point do I either 1) cook the vetables I buy before they go bad or 2) at least clean them out of the fridge before the drawer turns into a petri dish? Last night was trash night, and it occurred to me that perhaps I should take a gander in the fridge to see if any old stuff needed to be thrown out. Oh My Bob! The veggie drawer was disgusting! No need to go to the doctor anymore; Mama's growing her own medicines right here at home! What happens in the time between buying the eggplant and then throwing it away? Am I that ADD that I forget that it's in there? It's not that I don't like it. I'm not a kid anymore, being forced by my mother to eat tomato aspic. I only buy things we like and will eat! I felt like such a college student last night.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

That happens to me more than I care to admit. I often ignore it until DuBose cleans it out :)

Caroline said...

It happens to us as well and nothing is more annoying. Especially when I go to make a salad and well.... the lettuce is bad. ugh.

Elizabeth said...

Oh that never happens to us! :) Chris likes to joke when I buy something, "Would you like for me to throw that away now, or wait until it rots in the fridge" I am soooo bad about it - especially veggies and green apples! I don't know why!!

Ashley said...

You guys are acting like this isn't the proper protocal. I thought this was normal behavior. In the summer I think the peaches make the best mess.

aileen said...

I agree. I think this is normal behavior for all.