I know this picture is quite blurry (it was the best I could do at 60 mph) , but it says, "Snip. Snip. Sip. Sip." It's a Seagram's gin billboard. My point in posting this is that everytime I drive by it, because of the picture combined with the words, I can't help but first think that this guy is having the Big V, and after his very personal snip, snip, he should have some gin to get over the pain! In reality, the guy is in a barber shop, but if you just glance at it, it looks like he is on a gurney. In my defense, how many of you actually refer to a haircut as a, "snip,snip"? Of course, why he has an audience in there with him doesn't make sense, but these are things you think about later, not as you're passing it in traffic. Anyway, I just thought it was funny, disturbing at first, but then funny.For whatever we lose(like a you or a me), It's always our self we find in the sea. ~e.e. cummings
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Snip 'n Sip
I know this picture is quite blurry (it was the best I could do at 60 mph) , but it says, "Snip. Snip. Sip. Sip." It's a Seagram's gin billboard. My point in posting this is that everytime I drive by it, because of the picture combined with the words, I can't help but first think that this guy is having the Big V, and after his very personal snip, snip, he should have some gin to get over the pain! In reality, the guy is in a barber shop, but if you just glance at it, it looks like he is on a gurney. In my defense, how many of you actually refer to a haircut as a, "snip,snip"? Of course, why he has an audience in there with him doesn't make sense, but these are things you think about later, not as you're passing it in traffic. Anyway, I just thought it was funny, disturbing at first, but then funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment