Granted, the length is coupled with bed head, but that only goes to emphasize just how messy his hair could get. So, we headed to our appointment with Cindy, who has been cutting Bryant's hair for 20 years. We had to wait for a bit when we got there, and I got a little worried that we would miss our happiness window. We came close, he was not to pleased when we first put him on the booster seat in Cindy's chair,
but then she pulled out the squirt bottle, and whatever was wrong in his world was instantly fixed. As soon as he fired that first squirt, the laughter was nearly uncontrollable, and combined with his father's reactions, this may be the most enjoyable haircut he ever receives. I would hate to think that it is all downhill from here, but I can't believe we started this lifelong process out with such a winner!
Bryant's job was to save the rest of the shop from being drenched by the water bottle, as it wasn't long before Reeves had figured out how to twist down the nozzle in order to make the water shoot further. This may sound like an easy task, but when you consider that Cindy was constantly having to switch side to cut his hair, Bryant was likewise having to manuever around this woman who had scissors milimeters from our child's scalp without knocking her but still getting around in time to stem the tide of water flowing from the squirt bottle. As the documenter of the occasion, it was quite hilarious to watch. I only wish we had had the video camera, which Bryant reminded me to bring but which I forgot (let's not get into the delegation of responsibilities that particular Saturday morning, though.) Reeves was even content to sit when Cindy pulled out the trimmer or BumbleBee, as she called it, which I can only imagine must have confused Reeves a bit as this is what most other children call his father (thank you, Davis).
I can't believe it's finally done. It wasn't emotional - no tears on our part, just another blatant example that our baby is growing up, faster than we ever could have imagined, and now, all that's left of those original feathers that finally started appearing after his first birthday are safely wrapped in a paper towel, awaiting my decision of what their final resting place should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment