Bennett turned 4 weeks old yesterday. Where has the time gone? He is still growing like a weed. I think he must be in the throes of his three/four week growth spurt. This child, who until Friday has really been quite easy going, started fussing on Friday and is only now quiet because he has worn himself out over the weekend. He was only truly content when he was nursing, and that was at least every two hours. Bryant could get him to be quiet some, but then he would pipe right back up. I would have been worried, but I remember this same thing with Reeves. Ah, the benefits of having already been through this once! However, part of it could be gas. He's not a great burper. Just in case, I bought my Gripewater today.
Bennett has already grown out of three or four outfits that I know Reeves wore till he was almost two months old. Right now, that's fine with me because our house is overrun with little boys' clothes, and the sooner he grows out of them, the sooner they get boxed away to make room in the drawers for more clothes.
Bennett's latest and most consistent trick has been to squirt me almost every time I change his diaper. So far today we've been through 3 outfits. When will I learn. Luckily for me, Reeves did not do a good job of training me in this aspect of motherhood. I can probably count on both hands the number if times he has done that in his two years. For some reason, with Bennett, I have this ridiculous confidence that I can get the new diaper on in time. I'm 0 for 4 today.
4 comments:
What a precious boy! Great pictures!
He is adorable!! And it sounds like all is well at the Bair household!
So cute. It is amazing how much he has filled out. I love the pics!
I love that Bennett and Louisa are almost the same age... she starting being super fussy last night and reading your blog made me feel better! One question.... what is Gripewater?
PS He is SUPER cute!
Post a Comment