The Gripewater seems to have done (to be doing) the trick. Bennett's fussiness is definitely due to gas bubbles. He eats almost every two hours in the late afternoon/evening, but I think that is because I don't produce as much later in the day. He has had a rash on his face and neck. It seems to be heat and hormone related. It flares up when he is hot and sometimes when he is eating. As such, I dispensed with the polycotton daygowns yesterday and dressed him in a onesie. It made a huge difference. He was able to stay cool, and the rash never got too bad. I suppose we'll just have to sacrifice fashion for the well being of the child!
It seems silly to me to post about his one month a mere two days after his four week update, but honestly, there has actually been one achievement. He is smiling now when we get in his face and make silly, sweet sounds. I love this because it makes his dimple really show up. He only has one, and it's on his right side, and it's just the cutest thing when he gives us that cockeyed smile.
He continues to squirt me at almost every diaper change, although I'm getting better at it. There have been lots of loads of laundry done around here recently. Reeves thinks this is just one of the funniest things when he sees it. That's fine as long as he doesn't think it will be cute to follow suit. Not so cute in a two year old. So far so good.
The brothers are still getting to know each other. Bennett is beginning to recognize Reeves' voice, and Reeves has become my real, live baby monitor. He hears Bennett wake up from his naps way before I do. So far, he's only accidentally landed on Bennett once or twice, and they were just glancing blows at that.
For the most part, he is very sweet with his new brother.
I am trying to treasure this newborn state as much as possible, but there is definitely a part of me that looks forward to the day when these two will be able to play together. I am hesitant to use the phrase "I can't wait" because I can. Although, sleeping through the night will be a welcome milestone. This is such a special time in both of these boys' lives. I wish they could realize it as much as Bryant and I do.
3 comments:
Such a sweet little boy. He and Reeves will be playing together in the blink of an eye... enjoy him being yurs for today!
Ok, so I meant "yours"...
Too cute.
Post a Comment