Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 18, 2006

Glimpses Into Our Past

We visited with the Humps this weekend. It was so great to watch the boys play together. It takes a while for them to get warmed up to each other, however. That usually involves Reeves kissing Henry's tummy and playing with all of Henry's toys and drinking Henry's juice and generally being a bit of a rude guest - all while Henry patiently watches. But once that is done, they start laughing and screaming and truly enjoying each other. Watching them together, I often wonder what David and I were like at that age. Are our personalities reflected in our children? How much of who they are comes from our spouses? Does the fact that they are both boys and we were girl and boy make a difference (at this age)? I know I've said it before, but I am so glad these children have each other. For my whole life, David has been such a special person to me. I can't imagine my childhood, and now adulthood, without him. I hope and pray Reeves and Henry and Leeze realize early on what a treasure each is to the other. Their parents certainly do.

I'll trade you this wind up car for those age-inappropriate keys.

Umm, well, see, what we were trying to do was FIX it.

And here's my head....

Oooooo, Henry, did you see how dangerous it is in here? Think of the mess we could make with this stuff!

Enough with the pictures, you parents! Reeves and I are going BLIND here!

No comments: