Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream - You Wish!

FYI, this was not something I saw last night!
I knew it would happen. I knew if I even mentioned, or thought about the fact, that Reeves was back to his old sleeping habits, I was doomed to have a bad night. Well, last night, it hit. Reeves went down great around 8:30. All quiet on the toddler front. I spent most of the night on the phone, straightened up a little, brushed my teeth, and got in bed. [Side bar and important to note for later - Bryant was watching Monday Night Football with "the guys".] I had almost drifted off to sleep when I heard it - the first wimper. It quickly escalated to full blown screaming. I let this go on for quite a while with no weakening in the volume. When I got to his room, he practically jumped into my arms. We rocked, he calmed down, and I put him back in his crib. Screaming again. But I left. It went on. At this point, it is nearly 1:30, there is still no Bryant, Reeves is nearly hoarse from crying, and I have to be up in 5 hours. I caved. I put him in bed with me. I know, I know, I shouldn't have done it, but I did. And, for the most part, it worked. After only a few minutes, I was able to put him back in his crib, he cried a bit, but then went radio silent. Perfect. 2:00 am. Enter the husband. To his credit, he was trying to be good. He wanted to check on Reeves (without consulting me first to see how soundly he was sleeping) and empty the Diaper Champ since it was garbage night and I had forgotten to do it. Well, guess who scares his father by standing right up when he walks in the room. I actually heard Bryant's scared yell. There goes any amount of good the last two and a half hours had done. Reeves was up. And what is this? Bryant brings him into our room. Great! It's like déjà vu all over again. Except that this time I have a snoring husband next to me. Oh, but before he fell asleep, and while Reeves was trying to crawl off the bed to play, Bryant, sensing my frustration, suggests, I suppose in an effort to *help*, "Why don't you just let him down. He'll play and then fall asleep somewhere." WHAT!?!? I couldn't even form the words in order to express to him how ridiculous he was being. Thankfully, one of them fell asleep shortly thereafter. Yadda, yadda, yadda…After still not falling asleep, I put Reeves in his crib, he cried a bit more, then he fell asleep…just like he had done about an hour earlier - before his father came home.
Momma deserves a reward. Momma needs a nap. Momma's day is going to be about six hours too long. Momma is NOT cooking dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a great thought from Bryant!! How funny! Did you remind him of that this morning? Wonder where you would have found Reeves this morning had you followed that advice???