Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 27, 2006

Stools - Good for Sitting,Not Good for Climbing...


The Offender
Well, I know what it feels like to be a criminal now. Bryant and I are on the run from DSS. Yesterday, we watched, from no more than two feet away, as our son pulled up on, and promptly pulled down on top of him, one of our kitchen stools. It was like watching in slow motion. We both saw it start to topple, and there was nothing we could do to stop it. After the fall, we immediately leapt into action. As Bryant pulled the stool up, Reeves, who had pulled up on the second crossbar, was not letting go. Lifting the stool lifted him. (That was a bit funny, actually.) Anyway, B pulled the stool up, and I picked up Reeves. The poor thing has a bump right in the center of his hairline on his forehead. Thr crying stopped after about a minute and didn't start again until I accidentally bumped his head getting him out of his carseat later. (How bad is that!?!) Anyway, last night, Reeves and I went to the store and bought a plethora of contraptions to use to hold the stools up against the counter so that this never happens again. My mission tonight is to make one of them work. It will take a bit of MacGyvering, but I think I can figure it out. The good news, the bump had not turned black and blue this morning, so we can take off the hat and let the boy go out in public again!
The Bump

No comments: