Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 17, 2006

Sullivan's Island Fire Department Oyster Roast


Thumbs in the thumb place, fingers all together. This is the song we sing in mitten weather.





Janine, Reeves, and Deanna





Last Saturday night we took Reeves with us to the SIFD oyster roast. We were meeting some friends from work there. As well as being Reeves' first oyster roast, it was the first for some of the Aussies as well. We had a great time, and the single select oysters from Simmons were the best I have ever had. (Of course, I paid for them on Sunday with swollen fingers and hands, but they were worth it nonetheless.) And, an unexpected benefit of having a child in diapers - wipes for everyone! We had Reeves in his mittens and hat and covered up with blankets. It was cold and windy! Poor Bryant, I even made him take off his sweater and add that to the pile on top of Reeves. Afterwards, everyone went to Poe's. Ah, the life before children! Bryant and Reeves and I went home and went to bed. We waved to them as we drove by!

No comments: