Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Got Milk?

I'll probably kick myself for even mentioning this, but we took Reeves for his two year allergist check up yesterday. They did the standard prick the back to test the allergens. Fortunately, we were able to convince them that he was not allergic to anything other than milk and eggs, but they still insisted on testing for dust mites, dogs, cats, and the like. This kinda made me think it's a bit of a racket, but whatever. This appointment still went better than our first one. Reeves did great. Didn't even really cry when they pricked him. The nurses left, and Bryant and I watched as two of the spots started to look like mosquito bites. Oh well, we figured, he's still allergic. It's not that bad, and we are still very lucky his reactions have only been topical. When the nurses came in and examined him, they let us know that yes, he is indeed still allergic to egg whites and egg yolks. What!? Did we hear that right? Just allergic to egg? Begin Happy Dance. His milk allergy test was negative!! We are ecstatic. Ice cream, cheese, Goldfish! The possibilities are endless. Just to be sure, we're not diving into dairy consumption. We are still testing his blood to see what that comes back with, and if that's negative, then we'll do a milk challenge (sounds like a Food TV show) in the office. If he can consume two servings of milk, he is considered not allergic anymore. I'm not buying lactose futures yet, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.
By the way, Reeves did great when he had his blood drawn. He cried when they stuck the needle in, while they were withdrawing, and when the needle came out, but that was it. (It might have been the magic lollipop that did it.) I was so proud of him. He even left the bandaid on until I took it off later. Pretty big stuff for an Almost Two Year Old.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah for Reeves and Happy Almost Birthday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REEVES! I love you, and what a great birthday present now...you get to have milk!
Love, Aunt LaLa

Caroline said...

Happy 2nd B-day Reeves! We love you!

F and P