
Despite all the super-last-minute planning, Reeves' birthday party came off without a hitch. Truth be told, there wasn't really much chance of messing anything up given the ingredients - The Ark, pools, sprinkler, waterslide, beautiful weather, good friends, and lots of precious children.

I may be able to mess up a box cake, but even I couldn't screw this up. Reeves was excited for days about the party, which was a good thing because I really think that was his only motivation for taking a nap Saturday afternoon. Who wants to sleep when there are pools, slides, and CapriSuns in your yard? The timing of his nap was perfect. As I went to wake him up at 4:00, he was already sitting up, rubbing his eyes. This was a good thing because sometimes it can take a while for Pleasant Reeves to appear after waking up. So in no time at all, he was downstairs romping and having fun with all his friends. And five minutes later, shivering because he has absolutely no fat on his body (show-off). But once we put his shirt on him, his core body temperature went up to at least 95.7.

I really don't even know where to start with all the fun that was had. Everywhere I looked, children were laughing and screaching and running and jumping. Parents were helping as much as the little ones would let them, but for the most part, they just wanted to be left alone to splash as they wanted. We brought down the cake and ice cream aroud 5:30, and were actually able to distract the children from the aquatics long enough to tear into them, but it certainly wasn't 30 minutes before they were all back in the water.

I must say, Reeves' homemade cake turned out better this time than it did on his actual birthday. Now I know - make the cake one day, two days later, ice it. Well, that and cook it for nearly twice as long as the recipe calls for.

In reality, judging by Reeves' interest in it, I could just pile a bunch of icing on a plate because that seems to be all he is interested in.

Guerin was quite a hit with the ladies. As you can see, almost half of them who were there wanted to be near him. Yes, in a crowd of so many children, there were only 5 little girls there. Maybe Duece will help tip the scales in our direction. Who knew estrogen would ever be so hard to come by?

I don't know how to thank everyone enough for coming. It was such a special day for our family. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family. Thanks for helping make Reeves' second birthday party a day we will always remember! And thanks especially to Gams and Pops, without whose help this party would not have been possible. From the manual labor to providing the house, we appreciate all you did to help.
7 comments:
Great Party, Great Post
We are so sorry we missed it! It looks like you all had tons of fun!
Fabulous party and wonderful tribute to Reeves. I am SO glad that his friends got to enjoy his second birthday with him. ;)
Betsy and her parents had a blast. How can any birthday party be better? My post is coming soon with many cute pics!
That really is a great post KaK! I am so sad I had to miss the party because it looked like everyone had so much fun! LOL
We had the BEST time!! My boys were beat for days... thank you!! I'm so glad Reeves had so much fun... he was certainly the cutest two year old there.
Post a Comment