Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It's Just So Good When It Hits Your Lips

Here is Reeves, drinking from my ginger ale bottle all by himself. I was pretty impressed that he doesn't try to put the entire mouth of the bottle into his mouth and dump, thereby causing himself to swallow too much, choke, drop the bottle, spilling its remaining contents, spit out all that he has in his mouth, and generally create quite a huge mess. Very impressed, actually (enough so, apparently, to grab the camera and take a picture). He very carefully put the bottle to his lips. Positioned it just like he had seen me do, and cautiously tilted the bottle until the liquid reached his lips, careful to be sure he held it with both hands at all times, with some gentle remiding from me.
I was so impressed by his consistency at not spilling anything that I decided to let him have a big boy cup of water with dinner the next night - right before we left for Preston's graduation. First sip - Careful Reeves showed up. Second sip - Throw-Caution-To-The-Wind Reeves took over. The whole cup, wisely only slightly filled and with only water, was dumped all over his outfit. I stripped him, tossed the outfit in the dryer, and continued the meal buck nekkid. Truth be told, I should have done this in the first place, but I was feeling all cocky and overconfident after his ginger ale showing. Oh well, live and learn and learn again. At least it was only water.

(Also learned to, in the future, give him my drink bottle only after I have had all I care to drink from it. FYI, always check the bottle's contents after the child has been drinking from it. It will invariably contain more than just the original liquid.)

No comments: