
Well, we did it. We bit the bullet and switched Reeves from his bucket seat to his Britax. Bryant and I installed the Britax in my car on Thursday night. It only took about 30 minutes, but in our defense, it was a bit dark! Anyway, after much sweat and a few cuss words, it was a fete accompli. So Friday morning, Bryant drove Reeves out to the country and gave the bucket and the base back to Julie. (Thanks for letting us borrow them!!) Reeves and I were heading down to Port Royal that night, so when I picked him up, we were ready to go with the new seat. It was wuite strange putting him in - not nearly as easy as just dropping the bucket into the base. And you have to be a contortionist to get him into it in my teeny tiny back seat! But he loves it. He spent the first 30 minutes of the car ride just looking all around. And then he fell sound asleep!

He can see so much more! And I can see him so much better in the mirror. I will admit, I miss the ease and convenience of the bucket, but I think he likes this seat so much more. As a result of this switch, Reeves got his first ride, sans bucket seat, in a shopping cart. He was a bit unsure at first, but he was a natural by the end of the outing.
1 comment:
What a cutie patootie! Love ya-
Post a Comment